Moon Chae-won lonely no more

Saturday, January 7, 2012 0 comments

Actress Moon Chae-won revealed that she wasn't all that popular when she moved from Daegu to Seoul during her teenage years in an exclusive interview with Ilgan Sports.

"I moved to Seoul just in time for middle school. I was so conscious of my country dialect that I refused to talk to anyone for the first year. Naturally I didn't have any friends and I was a loner", the 25-year old said.

Moon mentioned her childhood experiences in light of the recent suicides of young students, who decided to take their own lives after being targeted by bullies at school. She discussed how she was able to overcome social isolation and finally find a social circle.

"I was able to come out of my shell and make friends once I became interested in art. In high school, I was rid of my dialect, and due to my interest in art, I was able to make like-minded friends", she said.
Moon was recently named an honorary prosecutor by the Supreme Prosecutors' Office and rose to fame in various period pieces such as last year's hit drama "The Princess' Man" and the movie "Arrow, The Ultimate Weapon" (2011).

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Korean movies

 

©Copyright 2011 Korean Entertainment | TNB